GOT editors have gathered news worth noting – ideas and inspiration from travelers, bloggers, news media, and industry in print and online that recently piqued our interest and might whet yours if you’re an over-50 traveler!
TRAVEL NEWS WORTH NOTING
- The beginning of the calendar year typically marks the publication of travel trend roundups. One of our GOT contributors, Patti Morrow of Luggage and Lipstick, published a collaborative post highlighting Baby Boomer Travel Trends 2018. Some of the best boomer travel bloggers shared their thoughts about what’s hot in the world of travel!
- The Los Angeles Times also proffered its list of the Top Destinations and Travel Trends for 2018.
- On More Time To Travel, Irene S. Levine looked at some of the data that characterizes boomer travelers: Who are Baby Boomers? A 2018 Snapshot.
- You can read about new travel trends in real time, too – hot off the press! GettingOnTravel has published the Ultimate List of the 45 Best Boomer Travel Blogs to Follow in 2018!
- In an article on How New-Breed Travel Agents Can Give You An Edge (titled ‘Bespoke Travel’ in the print edition), Nina Sovich of The Wall Street Journal explains how travel agents have morphed into a new breed of luxury advisors standing ready to address the whims of even the most discerning travelers.
- Even armchair travelers love Instagram! Travel and Leisure just published the 50 Instagram Accounts You Should Be Following Right Now.
- In a similar vein, take a peek at Janice Mucalov’s previous post on GettingOnTravel: Snap Happy! In Search of the Best Instagram Travel Photos.
- Win a trip! Acanela Expeditions, a boutique operator of expedition tours is sponsoring a travel contest. One lucky winner will win a cruise for two to Prague. Deadline for entering is January 17, 2018. (Contest ended)