GOT editors have gathered news worth noting – here are some ideas and inspiration from travelers, bloggers, news media, and industry in print and online that recently piqued our interest and might whet yours if you’re an over-50 traveler!
TRAVEL NEWS WORTH NOTING
News You Can Use
Planning a visit to the Golden State?
- Nonprofit VisitCalifornia just published a 2018 California Visitor’s Guide. The 195-page magazine features 727 travel ideas for exploring the Golden State. Click here to have a copy mailed to your home.
Concerned about travel safety?
- The U.S. State Department recently announced a four-level, color-coded system to replace the previous confusing system of travel warnings and travel alerts. Get the skinny about the new travel warnings on MoreTimeToTravel.
What to expect in 2018
- Based on a survey of 2000 travelers, American Express Travel released its “Emerging Trends and Top Ten Destinations for 2018.” Many of the findings will resonate with luxury travelers. Among them: Bali is one of the top 10 destinations for 2018. Also: THe majority of respondents say they want to be pampered and are willing to pay more to get better service.
New on Netflix
- Fans of the old sitcom Everyone Loves Raymond will enjoy the new Netflix offering, Somebody Feed Phil. Created by Raymond creator Phil Rosenthal, the series couples food, travel and humor, taking viewers to some of the world’s most iconic food destination.
- GOT contributing writer Jan Schroeder penned an article for Orbitz on the 5 Best Hotels for a Romantic Getaway on the Oregon Coast.
Fish the Florida Keys
- Dream of fishing in the Florida Keys? Enter the “Fish the Florida Keys Giveaway” to win one of five 3-night getaways to the Keys. Each trip includes two ½ day fishing charters and stays at some of the Key’s most beautiful properties. Click here to enter online. Entry periods extend through April 16, 2018. The rules and fine print can be found on the Florida Keys Facebook page.