Have you ever left a vacation ready to go back the moment you walked out?
That’s the magic that my visit to Miraval brought me. My experiences were full, but they left me wanting more, since the spa offers a myriad of magical experiences; too many to get to in one visit. Although, come to think of it, if that said visit was a long one (a month or two) – now, wouldn’t that be nice? – a visitor might be able to cover it all.
It’s been three years since my week-long visit to Miraval Resort and Spa in Tucson, Arizona. Three long years, with so many other trips in between – but the memories from that Miraval spa are as fresh as the gorgeous vegetation that surrounds the 400-acre property hugging the Santa Catalina Mountains.
Perhaps the next time I go I’ll be gutsy enough to challenge myself to climb their desert tightrope that floats 35 feet above the ground, throw caution to the wind and push myself way outside my comfort zone. Or maybe I’ll really learn the meaning of “letting go” as by soaring across the desert on their Zipline.
I suppose, if I chicken out (again), I’ll be just as happy to indulge in a yoga hike, cooking class paired with wines, and a hot stone and honey pedicure to wrap up the day.
There’s enough to suit every taste, every mood and every whim at Miraval – that special place that beckons me, time after time. Maybe next time I’ll visit their new Monarch Beach Resort in Dana Point, California, swap the desert for the ocean and fall in love, all over again.
What’s appealing to the over-50 luxury traveler?
- You can go at your own pace; there are relaxing activities that are not physically taxing and there are activities that are challenging.
- At some spas, you might feel pressured to push yourself. At Miraval spa, there’s no pressure at all and you are completely free and comfortable to do your own thing. There is something for every taste and skill level.
- Dining is sophisticated, with an inviting bar and surrounding area where you can sit before or after dinner, relax and meet with friends while you sip on your favorite wine or cocktail.
- Caution: Miraval spa may be highly addictive… creating desire to return again.
IF YOU GO
- Miraval Resort and Spa – Tucson, Arizona
- Monarch Beach Resort – Dana Point, California
Be sure to get the whole scoop on Miraval on MoreTimeToTravel! Read Sheryl’s article:
The author paid a discounted media rate during her stay at Miraval.
Share GOT on Pinterest!