When you’re staying in a big city, having a peaceful sanctuary to return to after a busy day of touring is essential.
I found Las Alcobas to be my personal sanctuary in the heart of the Polanco neighborhood of Mexico City.
Finding peace in the busyness of the city
What makes Las Alcobas the best boutique hotel in Mexico City? Have you ever had a bath butler visit your room? I did at Las Alcobas.
My room was equipped with a Jacuzzi tub that had to be turned on with a key brought by a hotel staff member. Well, not only did the smiling bellman arrive at my door with the desired key, he brought a tray of handmade soaps for me to sample, and a made-to-order scented sachet that I would drop into my bath!
What a luxury! I chose the rosemary-scented sachet made with sea salt, fresh herbs, and six drops of essential oils.
Las Alcobas also has a top-notch on-site restaurant and a lovely breakfast room with floor-to-ceiling windows where you can enjoy complimentary made-to-order breakfast specialties such as Mexican-style Eggs Benedict and Brioche French Toast served with fresh fruit, freshly squeezed juices and terrific coffee.
I loved strolling the streets of Polanco and treating myself to a few of life’s luxuries – including some of the best chocolate that’s ever passed these lips. Que Bo! has lipstick-shaped chocolates and the best chocolate-dipped giant figs on the planet.
I would return to the smiles at Las Alcobas and its peaceful serenity in a heartbeat. Definitely the best boutique hotel in Mexico City!
What’s appealing to the over-50 luxury traveler?
- Las Alcobas is a boutique hotel with just 35 guestrooms, part of the Starwood Hotels family and a member of their Luxury Collection.
- The Polanco neighborhood of Mexico City is safe, clean and easy to navigate when walking.
- You’ll find a terrific selection of great shops and services in Polanco. Don’t miss Que Bo! Chocolates.
- You may find Mexico City’s famous National Museum of Anthropology too far to walk to (it’s a few kilometers away). But cabs are cheap. Book through the hotel.
IF YOU GO
- Las Alcobas, Mexico City, Mexico
Be sure to get the whole scoop on Las Alcobas on Chocolatour!
*Lead photo: Las Alcobas. All other photos: Doreen Pendgracs
The author received a reduced media rate during her stay at Las Alcobas.
Share GOT on Pinterest!